Veep Creep
Veep news keeps creeping closer. The Washington Post seems to feel Tim Kaine is near the top of Obama's list, if not already selected. Unless the vetters know something I don't, I still like Kathleen Sibelius over Kaine. All his positives plus a proven ability to work with Republicans and Independents, which Kaine apparently doesn't have so much. A bit more experience as a governor, too. Only negative I see: he might help in Virginia, whereas she may not be able to help much in Kansas. But I still like her: she says change, they look good together, she'll help with women independents and Republican women as well as women Democrats. And just as the B. Clinton-Gore ticket was two young guys from the South, Obama-Sebelius is two fresh faces from the Midwest. Look West, Democrats. I have my doubts that Kaine would make the difference in Virginia anyway.
People are arguing whether McCain really needs Romney, or Romney will kill his chances, but the talk definitely is Romney.
The Power of Labor
-
Historical precedence is always partial. No era is an exact copy of
another. Still, many observers find precedence to this era in the Gilded
Age of t...
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment