Sunday, October 31, 2004

Nader
Is Nader still a factor? I doubt it. I don't see him getting more than .5% of the vote in any state. But he might be, so anyone considering voting for him should read the Nader entry in this blog:


No More Mister Nice Blog

He makes a good case that Nader hasn't done much except screw up an election for the past several decades, and that John Kerry has done more to shake up the rabid right and actually advance progressive causes than Nader.

Same goes for David Cobb and the Greens. I accidentally debated Cobb once on Kerry's behalf (I thought I was just going to be making a pre-Dem primary pitch) and Cobb distorted Kerry's record. Nader's ideas and the Greens ideas and activism make important contributions to political life. But let's get real about where they belong in this fight. At least for a couple of more days.

No comments: